Skip to main content

2014 Beauty Favorites


Hi everyone, I hope you are having a great holiday season. Today I'm going to be writing about my beauty favorites for 2014. There was a lot of great products that I discovered this year.  I picked my top ten skincare favorites and my top ten make up favorites. I hope this post is helpful and inspire you to try some new products.  


Skincare Favorites

  1. Organic Coconut Oil is the best natural eye make up remover! It takes every bit of mascara without irritating your eyes. I use a small amount, I apply it with my fingers and remove it with a cotton  round. It leaves the eye area cleaned and moisturized. 
  2. Garnier Cleansing Oil is a great alternative for make up remover wipes. The oil is more gentle to the skin and also removes every bit of make up without drying or irritating your skin. You only need a small amount of product to remove your whole face of make up. Once I started using this product I stopped wasting money on make up remover wipes. 
  3. First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser  is the best face cleanser I used this year. I have sensitive combination skin and this is the only cleanser that cleanses my skin without making my skin dry and irritated. Its gentle formula makes my skin feel cleaned and comfortable.
  4. L'occitane Shea Gentle Toner is another product that I can not live without on my skincare regimen. I love using toners after washing my face they are great to rebalance your skin and refine your pores. Just like cleansers it is hard for me to find toners that don't irritate my skin. This toner has been great to my skin. It is alcohol free and it has great natural ingredients that help soothe and calm my skin after washing my face. 
  5. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream is my go to face cream when my skin feels dry or irritated. As I just mentioned for the 100th time lol, my skin is very sensitive so I get dry patches and irritated patches out of no where all the time. This cream does a great job at moisturizing my skin, reducing redness and calming my skin. I like to use it at night time on those days my skin is acting up.
  6. Origins Energy-Boosting Moisturizer has been a great day time moisturizer for me. First of all I love how it smells! It has a punchy citrus smell. It is a great pick me up in the morning and its light weight oil free formula works perfect with my combination skin. 
  7. Simple Facial Cleansing Towelettes are my favorite to use to remove my make up. As I mentioned this year I haven't really used that many make up remover wipes since I started using cleansing oil to remove my make up. But I still have those lazy days where I just want to at least wipe my face before going to bed. I like the simple brand because they are hypoallergenic and don't have any added perfumes or oils that irritate the skin or make the skin feel greasy afterwards. They are just simple and they do a great job at removing the make up.
  8. L'occitane Immortelle Eye Balm is one of my must haves for my skincare regimen. Eyes to me are the most important area of your face specially when it comes to anti-aging. Your eyes are the most fragile area of your face so it is the area that shows the first signs of aging. If you are in your twenties you need a good eye cream! I love this eye balm because it is formulated with anti aging natural oils that help moisturize and smooth the skin. I love using this before applying eye concealer it leaves a smooth surface preventing the concealer from creasing.
  9. Lush Mint Julep Lip Scrub has become part of my weekly skincare routine. I use it twice a week. I love how it smells and taste! But I also love how smooth it leaves my lips. It is also great to use when you have stubborn lipstick residue. 
  10. Maybelline Baby Lips are my favorite lip balms of all time. They are the only lip balms that show a difference on my lips. They have the perfect formula and they are great to use under lipsticks or on their own. I like to use mine right after I used my lip scrub to make sure my lips stay smooth and moisturized.

Make up Favorites



  1. Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation has been my all time favorite foundation this year. I love the light weight formula that it has it is a very liquid foundation. At first I didn't know how to apply it and I didn't like it but then I decided to use it with a beauty blender and I fell in love with it. I am not a fan of full coverage foundation I like a more natural look. This foundation feels like you are wearing nothing hence the name. It really does a great job at blending with your skin tone giving you a healthy natural look. 
  2. NYX Dark Circles Concealer has been a great addition to my everyday make up routine. I have always struggle finding the right under eye concealer for me. I can't never find the right formula or the right shade and everytime I find one that I like it gets discontinued. I like this concealer because it has coconut oil in it and it also has orange pigments that help counteract the appearance of dark circles providing great coverage without caking.
  3. Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette was my go to palette this year, I received this palette last year for Christmas and I have used it non-stop since then. My all time favorite shades are buzz and trick, these two shades look beautiful when used wet on the middle of the lid. My other favorite shades are strange, limit, nooner and mugshot. This palette is so versatile you can create all types of looks with it and it also works great in combination with other palettes.
  4. Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer is one of my favorite bronzers I discovered this year.  First of all  this bronzer smells delicious it smells like cocoa powder and it has the perfect shade for my light skin tone. This bronzer has a light brown shade with no glitter or orange tone which it's great to achieve a more natural look. I also like that is not too dark which prevents it from looking muddy. I have always loved Too Faced bronzers they have great shades and formula.
  5. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blushes have been the best blushes I have used this year, my favorite shade is Dollface which is a bubble gum pink color. This particular shade gives you a nice healthy glow to your cheeks and blends beautifully with whatever bronzer you are using. The formula of this blushes is amazing they are super smooth and they stay on all day. 
  6. Rimmel Exaggerate Full Color Lip Liners were my go to lip liners this year, they have great pigmentation but what I like the most about them its their non-drying formula. I can't use lip liners that dry my lips I don't care how pretty they make my lipstick look if they dry my lips I won't use them. This is the only lip liner that did not make my lips feel dry.
  7. Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks were a great discovery for me this year. I had no idea these lipsticks existed until a few months ago when I went to visit my friend  that works at Sephora and she did a mini makeover on me. She used the shade F-Bomb which is just a red shade, that day I could not stop thinking about the lipstick. I had to asked her what lipstick she used on me.These lipsticks have great pigmentation and lasting power but what I loved the most was how comfortable this lipstick felt on my lips. I decided to pick the shade Liar which is a nude shade with brown undertones which is great for everyday use. I also received  two of them as Christmas gifts from a good friend, I got the shades Catfight (red with pink undertones) and Anarchy (bright fuchsia). These lipsticks are a must haves for any lipstick junkie.
  8. Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipsticks were my favorite lipsticks I discovered this year from the drugstore. I did a blog post on these when I first got them (here). These lipsticks have high end quality and they are super affordable. My favorite shade is Siren in Scarlet which is a great red shade and a great dupe for MAC's Ruby Woo lipstick. These lipsticks are some of the best matte lipsticks out there!
  9. L'oreal Voluminous Mascaras were my favorite mascaras this year, my two favorite  mascaras were definitely the Butterfly Mascara and Miss Manga Mascara. I started using the butterfly mascara at the beginning of the year and every time I wore this mascara I had people asking me what mascara I was using or if I was wearing false eyelashes. This mascara gives great volume, length and definition. When I ran out of the butterfly mascara I decided to pick up the miss manga mascara. What like about the Miss Manga mascara is the shape of its wand. Its pointy end makes it easy to coat every lash and it provides great definition. What I also like about this mascara is that you can use it in combination with other mascaras to add volume and it does not create any clumps.
  10. Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder was the only face powder I used this year. I repurchased this powder multiple times this year. I just love the smooth formula of this powder. This powder mattifies the skin without making it look dry or cakey. It works great in combination with any foundation or bb cream. It also gives a little bit of coverage so you can also wear it on its own.

Please let me know what are your beauty favorites on the comments! I would love to see what you've been loving and also try products that you recommend. 
I am very excited for 2015, there will great things coming! I want to say thank you to everyone that have been following my blog. It's been a blessing blogging this year I love sharing what I love.
I wish you all a happy new year!

xoxo,
Sandra

Follow Me

Instagram: sandralislopez
Twitter: sandralislopez
Bloglovin:sandralislopez






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four Outfit Ideas for Fourth of July

Since the Fourth of July is next week here are four outfit ideas for you to get inspired. This holiday is all about being festive and rocking the red, white and blue. These outfits are festive but without being too out there, they can be worn any other day of summer. Some of the pieces I have had for a while so they are not in stores but I will try to link as many pieces as I can.  Outfit #1 This outfit is great for a picnic day, its girly and comfortable. I have been loving the look of flannels wrapped around your waist,  it just adds a more laid back feel to any outfit. Sunglasses: Aldo (currently in stores) Crop Top: American Eagle (in stores) Skirt: Urban Outfitters (last year) Button Down: Urban Outfitters (last year) Sandals: Target (last year) Outfit # 2 This outfit is definitely more put together, you can wear this outfit to a party or if you are having a night out in town with your friends.  I have been loving the look of pepl

Last Minute Little Mermaid Halloween Outfits

Hi everyone Happy Halloween! Little Mermaid has always been my favorite Disney princess. I have been wanting to be Little Mermaid for halloween for years but most Little Mermaid costumes they sell at halloween shops are way too expensive or too reveling for me. So this year I decided to dress up with my own twist. I will be showing you too options you can wear with clothing items you might already have at home. One of the looks it's more like a Glam Party Little Mermaid great to go out downtown. The second look it's Hipster Little Mermaid which I got inspired by all the funny memes you see on instagram. I know this is definitely last minute since today is Halloween but I hope you guys get some inspiration if you don't know what to wear tonight. Glam Party Little Mermaid For this look you will need a red wig, a purple top, teal leggings, and accessories. Wig: Amazon Top: Forever 21 Leggings: Forever 21 Necklace: Forever 21 Clutch: American Eag

Holiday Gift Guide for Her $50 and under!

These are some of my holiday gift ideas for all budgets! All these gifts a very neutral meaning women of any age will enjoy receiving one these gifts. For gifts under $10,  I recommend getting something personalized like this monogram mug from target. You can also find really cute monogram mugs at Anthropologie . Even though is a small gift it will still be very special because it will be personalized to the person. For gifts under $15, I definitely recommend going to Bath and Body Works and pick one of their candles they are normally 2 for $22 but right now they have a sale where all their candles are $12. If you don't know what kind of scents the person likes I recommend going for a clean scent like Eucalyptus Mint, that's one of my favorite candles it just make the room smell fresh. For gifts under $20, I recommend going to Sephora where you can find cute little gift sets like this Tocca Rollerball Trio .  This type of gift is great because the person gets