Skip to main content

I became a mom | Birth Story

Hello everyone! It has been almost two years since my last post.
A lot has happened, but the most important thing, I became a mother.
On May 25, 2017 I gave birth to my daughter Chloe Alessandra.
I wanted to blog my whole pregnancy but life was so hectic I never found the time to start.
My friend Mayra recently gave birth to her beautiful daughter Giselle and she just started her own blog : Giselle y Mama
Go check out her blog, I loved her first post, and it inspired me to start blogging again.

Let's start with my birth story!


I gave birth at 39 weeks and 5 days, my due date was May 27.
My labor and delivery were nothing like I imagined.
On my last doctor's appointment the doctor spoke to me about having an induction the following week because I was not showing any signs of dilation.
I was hoping things would start progressing before my due date and they did.
Tuesday night around 10:30pm I started having very mild cramps. I had been drinking a lot of water because my belly felt super tight. I was happy at least I was feeling something. 

Wednesday morning I woke up and noticed I was spotting blood. My mom took me to the doctor's office. When the doctor checked, he told me he didn't understand why I was bleeding. He told me my cervix was shut and I was not dilated at all.
He sent me to the hospital to get a sonogram to make sure everything was good with the baby.

I went to the hospital, they performed the sonogram and told me everything looked fine.  They told me that I was having contractions but my cervix was still shut and I was not dilating. They told me to come back if the contractions were stronger and they were two minutes apart.

At this point I was thinking may be I needed to wait until my water broke. After I left the hospital I grabbed lunch with my mom. The minute I got home around 1:00pm I felt the contractions stronger but the bleeding had stop.The cramps felt a little bit more painful. I decided to lay down and I fell asleep for about an hour. Right after that nap everything got real!


At around 2:30pm I started having a stabbing pain in my abdomen every ten minutes. That's when I decided to start timing my contractions even though my water was still not broken. I spent about 8 hours of labor at home. I was doing everything I could to relief the pain. I took two baths, I spent a lot of time in the birthing ball and crawling in my bedroom floor. As time passed the pain was more excruciating. My water still was not broken, but I got to the point where I didn't know when the contractions were starting and when they were ending. That is when I told my mom she needed to take me back to the hospital.

We left for the hospital at around 9:30pm, the hospital was just 25 minutes from my house. But of course! on our way to the hospital we were slowed down by a convoy of trucks that were driving in the same direction. We also got stopped by a train for like ten minutes, the longest minutes of my life.
We finally made it to the hospital at around 10:15pm, when a nurse finally checked me she told me I was 8 cm dilated, I was in shock to hear that.
I had to wait around an hour to get a room in labor and delivery.
I was in so much pain, I would scream every time I had a contraction.

At around 11:30pm, I got an epidural. My doctor showed up shortly after. The doctor broke the water for me, and noticed there was meconium in the water. I started crying immediately I was so worried, I had read so much about how dangerous meconium can be for the baby and the mom during labor. The doctor told me I didn't have to worry, that it was a small amount of meconium. He then asked me if I was ready to push. When I started pushing I didn't feel anything due to the epidural. I pushed for an hour and there was no progress. They decided to give me pitocin. I started shaking uncontrollably. I started feeling pressure in my bottom, but I still could not feel anything when I pushed. I pushed for another hour and there was still not progress. That's when the doctor asked me if I wanted to have a C-Section. I was so exhausted and worried about my baby I didn't hesitate. I just wanted my baby out!

I was surprisingly calm as they were preparing me for the OR. At around 4:00am I was transferred to the OR. I was still shaking uncontrollably. The scariest part of the process was the smell and sound of the tool they use to make the incision. It smelled like a dentist office and it sounded like a chainsaw. I freaked out for a little bit. Thank God I had my sister with me and she helped me a lot to stay focused. I was able to calm down and they started the C-section. At 4:20 am Chloe Alessandra was welcomed to this world. Hearing her little cry for the first time brought tears to my eyes and the first thing that came out of my mouth was "mi hija!" which means my daughter in spanish.


Holding my baby for the first time, seeing her little face, touching her, it was the most rewarding feeling I have ever felt. She is the biggest blessing of my life. Everyone who really knows me knows my biggest dream in life was to become a mother, and it came true. I love my daughter so much she fills my heart with joy everyday. I will forever thank God for the amazing blessing of having a daughter.


I was at the hospital for three nights. Having a C-Section was not expected but I thank God Chloe was delivered safe and sound. Chloe was 20 inches long and 6.7 lbs.
The C-Section recovery has been a slow process, but each day I feel a little bit better.
Chloe is turning 5 months next week, I am so excited to celebrate her half year next month. I will sure to make a post!

xoxo,
Sandralis

P.S. Check out my Instagram if you would like to see how cute Chloe gets everyday!

Comments

  1. What a beautiful story. I love birth stories and I always get emotional. Lol. Isn't motherhood amazing? Can't wait to see more posts! Thank you for mentioning my blog. It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Four Outfit Ideas for Fourth of July

Since the Fourth of July is next week here are four outfit ideas for you to get inspired. This holiday is all about being festive and rocking the red, white and blue. These outfits are festive but without being too out there, they can be worn any other day of summer. Some of the pieces I have had for a while so they are not in stores but I will try to link as many pieces as I can.  Outfit #1 This outfit is great for a picnic day, its girly and comfortable. I have been loving the look of flannels wrapped around your waist,  it just adds a more laid back feel to any outfit. Sunglasses: Aldo (currently in stores) Crop Top: American Eagle (in stores) Skirt: Urban Outfitters (last year) Button Down: Urban Outfitters (last year) Sandals: Target (last year) Outfit # 2 This outfit is definitely more put together, you can wear this outfit to a party or if you are having a night out in town with your friends.  I have been loving the look of pepl

Last Minute Little Mermaid Halloween Outfits

Hi everyone Happy Halloween! Little Mermaid has always been my favorite Disney princess. I have been wanting to be Little Mermaid for halloween for years but most Little Mermaid costumes they sell at halloween shops are way too expensive or too reveling for me. So this year I decided to dress up with my own twist. I will be showing you too options you can wear with clothing items you might already have at home. One of the looks it's more like a Glam Party Little Mermaid great to go out downtown. The second look it's Hipster Little Mermaid which I got inspired by all the funny memes you see on instagram. I know this is definitely last minute since today is Halloween but I hope you guys get some inspiration if you don't know what to wear tonight. Glam Party Little Mermaid For this look you will need a red wig, a purple top, teal leggings, and accessories. Wig: Amazon Top: Forever 21 Leggings: Forever 21 Necklace: Forever 21 Clutch: American Eag

Holiday Gift Guide for Her $50 and under!

These are some of my holiday gift ideas for all budgets! All these gifts a very neutral meaning women of any age will enjoy receiving one these gifts. For gifts under $10,  I recommend getting something personalized like this monogram mug from target. You can also find really cute monogram mugs at Anthropologie . Even though is a small gift it will still be very special because it will be personalized to the person. For gifts under $15, I definitely recommend going to Bath and Body Works and pick one of their candles they are normally 2 for $22 but right now they have a sale where all their candles are $12. If you don't know what kind of scents the person likes I recommend going for a clean scent like Eucalyptus Mint, that's one of my favorite candles it just make the room smell fresh. For gifts under $20, I recommend going to Sephora where you can find cute little gift sets like this Tocca Rollerball Trio .  This type of gift is great because the person gets