Skip to main content

2015 Beauty Favorites


I know I have not post something in a long time! But I couldn't let the year end without posting my 2015 Favorites. These are the make up products I fell in love with this year. I hope you guys enjoy, if you have any questions about the products mentioned feel free to ask me on the comments. Thank you for  being here with me for another year.


  1. NYX Angel Veil Primer - I have always heard great things about this primer, I finally picked it up this year and it has been a great addition to my make up routine. I actually use this primer as my moisturizer. This year I struggled finding a moisturizer to use under my foundation that didn't break me out or made me oily. This primer does a great job at smoothing and minimizing my pores without leaving my skin dry or oily like other moisturizers and primers do. I love to use it in combination with the next product I'm going to mention.
  2. Smashbox Primer Water- This product is everything I was looking for in a primer. I love any type of face spray. I was very excited to have a primer in a spray form. Its lightweight formula is perfect for oily/combination skin. It absorbs right away leaving the skin fresh and ready for foundation. I love to use it on top of the Angel Veil Primer, this combination makes my make up last all day. 
  3. Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer - This is another product I was so excited to have when it came out this year. The Naked Skin Foundation has been one of my favorite foundations for a long time now. I knew I was going to love this concealer. The formula of this concealer is flawless. This concealer is super lightweight, it blends beautifully and it has amazing coverage. I love to use it to conceal both my face and under eyes.
  4. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge - This another product I have heard great things about and I finally start using it this year. I love blending both my concealer and foundation with a sponge. This is a great inexpensive alternative to the beauty blender. You can buy a pack of two for ten dollars at Ulta. I also love the shape of this sponge, the flat side makes it really easy to blend your foundation faster.
  5. L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation - This is the foundation I used the most this year. I love everything about this foundation, especially the lasting power and the semi-matte finish. It also has a great light weight formula that makes you feel like you are not wearing anything. This is a great drugstore foundation with high end quality. 
  6. L'Oreal Infallible Setting Spray - I was very excited to find a drugstore make up setting spray. To be honest I was surprised at how much I love this product. I have always struggled finding an affordable setting spray. This setting spray gets the job done and it has a great lightweight formula. 
  7. Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette - This is the only eye make up palette I used this year. It is just an amazing palette, everyone needs this palette. All the colors are perfect and easy to blend. The pigmentation is flawless. My favorite shades are : salted caramel, marzipan, semi-sweet, and milk chocolate. I am also in love with champagne truffle, it is a beautiful highlighting shade and it doubles as a cheek bone highlight. The best part it smells like chocolate!
  8. Becca Champagne Glow Palette - I got this palette right when it came out and I have used it everyday since I got it. The hype is real when it comes to Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfectors. They are amazing highlighting fine powders that make you glow like a goddess. I love all three shades in this palette : Pearl, Champagne Pop, and Blushed Copper. This palette might not be available anymore but you can still buy these shades separately. Their shade opal is also a great highlighter.
  9. Jordana Easyliner Retractable Pencils - These are amazing lip liners from the drugstore and they are only two bucks! The formula is super creamy and long lasting. They have a great variety of colors. My favorite shades are Carbenet, Baby Berry and Rock n' Rose. I purchased mine at Walgreens but you can also purchase them online.
  10. Colourpop Cosmetics - This brand is my favorite overall. I have loved everything I have tried from them, especially their Ultra Matte Liquid lipsticks.  Their liquid lipsticks are only six dollars and they have a great formula! My favorite shades are Tulle, Clueless and Beeper. I also fell in love with the Super Shock Cheek Highlighter in Wisp. The formula is mousy to powder and it applies beautifully on the skin. All their products have great pigmentation too.

Please let me know what were your favorite products this year, I would love to try products you guys recommend. I hope you guys had amazing year. 

Happy New Years!

xoxo,
Sandra

Follow Me
Instagram: @sandralislopez

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four Outfit Ideas for Fourth of July

Since the Fourth of July is next week here are four outfit ideas for you to get inspired. This holiday is all about being festive and rocking the red, white and blue. These outfits are festive but without being too out there, they can be worn any other day of summer. Some of the pieces I have had for a while so they are not in stores but I will try to link as many pieces as I can.  Outfit #1 This outfit is great for a picnic day, its girly and comfortable. I have been loving the look of flannels wrapped around your waist,  it just adds a more laid back feel to any outfit. Sunglasses: Aldo (currently in stores) Crop Top: American Eagle (in stores) Skirt: Urban Outfitters (last year) Button Down: Urban Outfitters (last year) Sandals: Target (last year) Outfit # 2 This outfit is definitely more put together, you can wear this outfit to a party or if you are having a night out in town with your friends.  I have been loving the look of pepl

Last Minute Little Mermaid Halloween Outfits

Hi everyone Happy Halloween! Little Mermaid has always been my favorite Disney princess. I have been wanting to be Little Mermaid for halloween for years but most Little Mermaid costumes they sell at halloween shops are way too expensive or too reveling for me. So this year I decided to dress up with my own twist. I will be showing you too options you can wear with clothing items you might already have at home. One of the looks it's more like a Glam Party Little Mermaid great to go out downtown. The second look it's Hipster Little Mermaid which I got inspired by all the funny memes you see on instagram. I know this is definitely last minute since today is Halloween but I hope you guys get some inspiration if you don't know what to wear tonight. Glam Party Little Mermaid For this look you will need a red wig, a purple top, teal leggings, and accessories. Wig: Amazon Top: Forever 21 Leggings: Forever 21 Necklace: Forever 21 Clutch: American Eag

Holiday Gift Guide for Her $50 and under!

These are some of my holiday gift ideas for all budgets! All these gifts a very neutral meaning women of any age will enjoy receiving one these gifts. For gifts under $10,  I recommend getting something personalized like this monogram mug from target. You can also find really cute monogram mugs at Anthropologie . Even though is a small gift it will still be very special because it will be personalized to the person. For gifts under $15, I definitely recommend going to Bath and Body Works and pick one of their candles they are normally 2 for $22 but right now they have a sale where all their candles are $12. If you don't know what kind of scents the person likes I recommend going for a clean scent like Eucalyptus Mint, that's one of my favorite candles it just make the room smell fresh. For gifts under $20, I recommend going to Sephora where you can find cute little gift sets like this Tocca Rollerball Trio .  This type of gift is great because the person gets